As an independent software provider, I’ve seen my development staff grow 400 percent in the past five years. So it’s not surprising that managing changes in a constantly growing IT environment like ours has become an enormous challenge. That’s why after starting a trial of ITinvolve for Change Management, we are sold on the value and benefits of its unique approach for several reasons.
Here’s what we’ve seen from working with ITinvolve for Change Management so far:
- Fast and easy access to key information about systems, relationships and dependencies within our IT environment eliminating 50-to-75 percent of the administrative burden on my IT staff
- Faster time to value in getting new IT staff up to speed and functioning more efficiently, helping to minimize training time and costs
- Unique insight and views into our IT environment that saves time and effort in identifying relationships and dependencies as well as spotting issues and resolving problems
- Intuitive “social media” type collaboration helps us more make more informed decisions while streamlining the whole change approval process
- Automatic tracking and recording of change management histories for audit and review to improve future performance
And this is really only the tip of the iceberg.
If you want to see how this might work for you, check out the ITinvolve for Change Management overview video on its web site to get a general orientation. Then take a closer look at Technology Objects and Perspectives under the product section and watch the video. You’ll start to get an idea just how valuable this new change management tool can be.
Every day we use ITinvolve for Change Management at Jalasoft we learn something new. I’ll be posting more about our experiences in the days and weeks to come.
-Jeff Pollard, Jalasoft Senior Business Strategist