Regardless of your viewpoint, ITinvolve can help you bring new levels of speed and efficiency to your Release Management process.
In today’s complex IT environments, introducing a new application release (even if only a new version of an existing application) is a significant undertaking with numerous risks.
When taking the narrow view that Release Management is focused on deployment, there are many moving pieces including how the full stack for the release needs to be configured including the physical and/or virtual environments it will run on, there are integrations most likely with one or more other applications, and policies that govern production systems that are separate from how applications must be treated in earlier stages of the development cycle.
If we take the broader view of Release Management, there are a host of other considerations including how requirements (both functional and operational) are defined and validated, there is integration development work often necessary, multiple pre-production environments that need to be configured and synchronized with each other and production, as well as the deployment tasks mentioned above.
In either scenario, there are numerous teams of experts involved, each with their own specific tasks and specialized knowledge, that need to be coordinated. And the risk that a dependency may be missed or a configuration setting not applied can cause a well-planned release to fail on deployment or suffer poor performance or reliability impacting the business value it is intended to provide.
ITinvolve reduces deployment risks and accelerates the delivery of new application releases
- Identify and engage the relevant experts to plan deployments
- Proactively deliver all critical dependency information to release teams (including application and infrastructure settings, policies, automations, and expert tribal knowledge)
- Provide rich visualization of potential upstream and downstream impacts
- Ensure experts provide their risk assessment and validate test and rollback plans
- Identify and route any deployment issues to the release team and other relevant experts
ITinvolve manages and accelerates the full release lifecycle
- Collaborate on and validate requirements between business stakeholders, developers, and operations
- Set and manage release milestones
- Manage and assign tasks throughout the development to deployment lifecycle
- Identify constraints that impede flow and facilitate collaboration to resolve them
- Flag and manage software defects and fixes
- Synchronize pre-production and production environments
- Ensure knowledge is captured during the development lifecycle and shared with those who need to know
Automation is the Last Step in Release Management
Recently, there’s been a lot of focus on automation tools to accelerate release deployments and for good reason. However, the teams planning your release packaging and automation often lack a full understanding of environment relationships and dependencies, including which policies govern which resources.
Ensure your automation engineers have access to upstream and downstream impact information so you can avoid deployment failures and unexpected performance issues or out-of-compliance situations post-deployment.
“ITinvolve helps us reduce errors and improve quality so we’re in a position to get to revenue quicker and more reliably.”
SVP Product Development & CTO