Mobile App Dependency Mapping
Your development team and application partners have been working to “mobilize” custom legacy applications and commercial applications to support this need.
Understanding all the dependencies and relationships around your existing applications was already challenging enough (we all know how IT changes can unexpectedly cause outages and performance issues because of unknown ripple effects).
Now with mobile apps and mobile legacy application access, the complexity of service delivery and service issue troubleshooting just went up. And if your new mobile apps are delivering functionality served by multiple applications, you can expect another order of magnitude to the challenge.
Many line of business executives and CIOs want to move fast to mobilize their applications.
Sales leaders want their teams out in the field and able to access information and complete tasks whenever and wherever they are without being tethered to a laptop and VPN connection. Marketing leaders want to deliver services and information to your customers who now expect a mobile-ready world so your business can get ahead of or keep pace with the competition.
Whatever the department, there are more use cases for mobile applications than you likely have resources to address.
- Understanding the configurations, relationships, and dependencies necessary to deliver your business applications to a mobile user is a critical first step to delivering a great mobile app experience
- Ensuring this information is available to architects, developers, and administrators during design and build is a necessity to deliver high performing and resilient mobile apps that connect with your legacy applications and infrastructure
- Providing visibility to change planners and support staff is critical to avoiding unexpected consequences from changes and troubleshooting issues
Most IT organizations are running so fast to deliver the mobile app capabilities their business wants that these items can often get overlooked and skimmed over. That puts you at risk of mobile app performance issues and outages precisely when your goal is to deliver better service for employees, partners, and customers.
- Easily create dependency models with the information you already have
- Validate dependency mappings so they are trusted
- Capture tribal knowledge so they are accurate and complete
- Provide shared perspective and personalized views
Fully understand relationships and
dependencies for mobilizing legacy applications
(including policy compliance requirements)