Work and Task Management
These seem like simple and straightforward questions, but they are often very difficult for IT organizations to answer.
Project managers live by spreadsheets and Gantt charts, but these are often disconnected from the day-to-day work that’s getting done. Housed on SharePoint sites and emailed around, these documents are infrequently accessed requiring project managers to track down team members to get updates on status and provide direction on upcoming tasks.
Development teams typically use their own set of tools to manage work, and operations teams frequently use spreadsheets and process tools for their area.
All this adds up to a lack of transparency about what everyone is working on and project execution inefficiencies that frequently lead to delayed projects and projects that don’t deliver against business and IT leadership expectations.
ITinvolve challenges this status quo with a single application that unifies cross-functional IT project work and drives new levels of efficiency
- Align goals, initiatives and projects so team members have clarity on how their work ties back to business requirements and management can ensure teams are focused on the right things
- Structure initiatives and projects with clear milestones, including managing phase gates and approvals
- Map development projects to releases, iterations, and assign and track developer and QA tasks
- Plan infrastructure projects with full visibility into IT environment dependencies and impact on policies
- Proactively engage all relevant experts to provide their risk assessment for new application releases and infrastructure change work
- Ensure transparency from the individual contributor to senior business and IT leadership – know the status of where you are in a project, who is working on the project and their specific tasks, whether you have resource constraints, if a release will support a specific requirement, and much more